Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bench, Yokes, Toes to Bar, Double Unders and ALMOST a Muscle Up

Saturday November 23d 2013

It always interests me how we all have our strengths and weaknesses. How I can Dead Lift 375lbs with ease and Yoke Walk 550lbs but then
  I struggle to get my butt over the bar for a bar muscle up or up on the rings for a ring muscle up
YES I KNOW
 Its all in my head
 I know I am physically capable
 When it comes to picking up weight, regardless of the fashion, its easy for me.
 So when something is difficult, I get frustrated and all that does is slow down my progress.
 I am LEARNING from my Coach Rob Pyfer and my other coaches Roman Ceceres, Jacob Marinez, Loic Joseph, Cody Nations and Samantha Wright (to name a few) that once I 
believe in myself...
 erase all doubt...
I will get these muscle ups...
 I have been working on them for so long 
I AM SO DETERMINED
Anyone who knows the term "baby steps" would know that my journey with Muscle Ups has been the definition of baby steps. It might seem so minescule to those who can do muscle ups with ease, those who get it on their first try and so forth, but I have learned to accept this is something that is going to take a fight. 
I am so lucky to have amazing coaches and teammates who see my potential and don't give up on me. 

That is why I LOVE URBAN WARFIT

Why this Rant? Last week I got my first bar muscle up
Today...I ALMOST got my ring muscle up
 While "almost" is not considered a success....
TODAY I was able to have a TINY TASTE of what I have been FIGHTING for...
 I am hungrier than ever


WORKOUT:
Running: 1 mile (8:57)


Double-Unders: 100 double unders in a minute (UNBROKEN) *Personal Record*

Toes-To-Bar: 26 unbroken *Personal Record*

Bench Press: 165lbs *Personal Record*

Muscle-ups: 


Yoke Walk: 550lbs for 50 feet *Personal Record*

NUTRITION:
**will start posting pictures again starting tomorrow**

Meal #1 Pre-Running:
Ezekiel Cereal 1/2 cup
25g protein
1/4 cup blueberries

 Meal #2:
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 cup broccoli

Meal #3: 
5oz chicken
2 cups spinach

Meal #4: 
25g protein
10 almonds

** Will post the other meals when I eat them**


No comments:

Post a Comment