Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Torture or is it LOVE

Torture or Love?

CrossFit is definitely my drug
There is something about pushing yourself harder than you ever thought and coming out on top
 just knowing that you gave it EVERYTHING you had
Something about suffering with those around you
cheering
 routing
screaming for them to PUSH THROUGH
ENCOURAGING them to finish
because you know they can do it and you know exactly how they feel

CrossFit for ME is about becoming stronger
not just physically..... but mentally
 This week I have had a few moments where
 I wanted to quit
 I actually contemplated not doing a set of backsquats because it was just SO HARD
Well guess what, I CAN DO HARD THINGS
I looked around me at my teammates 
Gordon Chase, Laura Dickerson, Elsa Vandermous, Christopher Feller, Jacob Marinez and Tyler Bauerline, 
all I saw were a bunch of bad asses working there butts off...
NOT GIVING UP
I did my last set
 Then the following day I was making every excuse to myself NOT to train
This is NOT a usual feeling for me. I LOVE to train
I was sore, I was tired
I had so much to do with family coming in town for the holiday
 blah blah blah
I almost didn't go
....BUT....
I knew those same people I mentioned before would be there
 grinding it out
I needed to be there too getting stronger
 So I went
 I showed up and it was another TOUGH day but at the end I felt so good
 IT IS NOT A GOOD WORKOUT IF IT DOESN'T PUSH YOU. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment