Wednesday, November 20, 2013


CrossFit
More Than Just a Work Out


CrossFit is indeed a wonderful way to get in shape, tone up and improve your fitness, but I want to address a different issue at hand that hit very close to home for me. This is that of eating disorders, distorted eating, distorted body image and other issues that fall in line with these topics. Not only women suffer from these problems but men and children as well. Why do I bring this up while talking about crossfit? Because I believe crossfit can be a tool in changing the mindsets of those who are feeling trapped. Those suffering from an eating disorder or from similar issues at hand, can begin to feel lost and sometimes like they are in a never ending battle of losing control of their lives. A feeling that they are losing a battle between obtaining control and losing it to a black hole of negativity. While I could go on for days about all the issues one deals with when they have an eating disorder I want to tell you why I believe crossfit can be a key factor in helping someone overcome their demons.




I was that girl. Having a serious eating disorder for close to 10 years. Until I got help, I was beyond misguided when it came to nutrition and exercise. I was lost. I didn’t know how to be “normal” and soon accepted the fact that this was a battle would forever fight.






I couldn’t see the light and thought I was just different
I WAS WRONG
Now is the time to educate our kids. Before they have health problems.
Teach them how to eat healthy nourishing foods. Teach them how to prepare it and most importantly
DO IT YOURSELF!!!

I talk about CrossFit because CrossFit is changing the way women look at themselves. It changed me. It takes the focus off appearance and zooms in on performance. Eating now becomes about fueling your body so you can have energy and do your best. Your performance improves in the gym and in return you will still get the body you are striving for
.





I am not trying to define beauty, but I this video hits it right on the head.


CrossFit is the perfect gateway to developing strong, healthy women. It can change the mindset of beauty and has already began to have its effect on beauty. Watching this video always gets me to the core, the mentality they speak of is what changed me.
 Changed my life. 
It woke me up. 
There is so much more to beauty than a number on a scale,
a size of clothing,
or our appearance.

EVERYONE
can feel this.










No comments:

Post a Comment