Monday, December 9, 2013

Back At It AGIAN

Monday December 9th 2013

Today was rough
I don't know really what my deal was
My chest feels like there is a 10lb weight on it
I hurt my knee 
(which I am hoping this just goes away)

I just feel BLAH!

NUTRITION
Todays nutrition was RIGHT ON POINT today
Its so weird to me because a year ago I had the hardest time sticking to my diet
I wouldn't really call it a diet, but more of a nutrition plan
I LOVE TO EAT
I love sweets and candy and CARBS, mmmm carbs!!!
Bread, donuts, cake, cookies, candy and pizza oh my! 
Its like ever since I made up my mind that
 I WANT to succeed in crossfit and not just "work out"
I want to compete and I want to win
and I KNOW that nutrition is a big piece of that puzzle
Everytime I think about eating a straying from my plan 
I think of the feeling of losing
and the feeling of winning
 and the feeling of accomplishing my goals
Immediately
I am reminded of why I am doing this
And its SO WORTH IT

Meal #1
25 grams protein
1/2 cup ezekiel cereal (not pictured)
1/4 cup raspberries


*I didn't run today because of my knee :(

Meal #2
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup broccoli


Meal #3
4 oz chicken
2 cups spinach
I cooked my spinach today, it was so much better! I just threw it in with my chicken.


Meal #4
25 grams protein
8 almonds (my 2 year old snagged 2 of them)

Meal #5
4oz tilapia
1 1/2 cups spinach 

*I had no appetite tonight for some reason. I had to force feed with this meal. 


Meal #6
10 almonds 
(not pictured cause i haven't eaten it yet)


TRAINING

2000 meter Row 
(because of my knee I didn't run like everyone else) 
Time: (7:20)

Strict Pull Ups
No Kipping
Strict Pull Ups, EMOM
1×5 – Tempo: 0.3.3.3.
1×4 – Tempo: 0.4.4.4.
1×3 – Tempo: 0.5.5.5.
1×2 – Tempo: 0.6.6.6.
1×1 – Tempo: 0.7.7.7.

*Four Point Tempo is
1. Concentric / Positive
2. Top of Pull Up / Flexion
3. Eccentric / Negative
4. Bottom of Pull Up / Extension
“0″ represents as fast as possible.

Count – One, One Thousand, Two, One Thousand, Three, One Thousand, Etc.

Back Squat 
2×7 @ 70% – Tempo: 7.5.0.5.
2×5 @ 75% – Tempo: 5.5.0.5.
2×3 @ 80% – Tempo: 3.5.0.5.
*These are some tough mother EFFERS!*

Power Clean and Push Jerk (5.5.4.4.3.3. EMOM)
1×5 @ 60%= 130lbs
1×5 @ 65%= 140lbs
1×4 @ 70%= 150lbs
1×4 @ 75%= 160lbs
1×3 @ 80%= 175lbs
1×3 @ 85%= 185lbs
*Keep Touch and Go
*These are my favorite and I really struggled today and 
that is part of why I feel like something was off today. 

WOD:
2 Rounds of:
90 seconds of C2B Pull Ups
90 seconds of Wall Balls
90 seconds of Double Unders
90 seconds of Rest

* I struggled today...I got 263 total reps*

There was some strength work that I missed. 
I will be going early tomorrow to get that stuff done. 
I don't want to miss anything
TOMORROW morning I am working on ring muscle ups
 and I am planning on posting a video of me doing one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment