Sunday, December 15, 2013

Preparation is KEY

Saturday December 14th, 2013

Today was a wonderful day of working out
BUT
I failed to prepare my food and I paid the price
I woke up and literally rolled out of bed and had to head in to Urban Warfit
for a meeting and our Christmas WOD
(didn't have time to eat)
So I ate 10 almonds and 25 grams of protein during our meeting
We did our Christmas WOD which was an AWESOME workout
Then I had a protein bar (definitely NOT on my plan, but I had to get something in)
Prepare ASHLEY!
 PRE. PARE.
Then instead of going home like I planned I stayed at
Urban WarFit for a muscle up class with the one and only Samantha Wright
This went really well
Sam always gives me so much hope
We did a bunch of skill drills and then up on those rings
I got up 6 times and couldn't dip out
EFF!
YES, very frustrating but now we know what my problem is
Dip Strength and technique
Soooooo I will be working on that A LOT
Then I went STRAIGHT to work
I had no time to stop for food so I had more almonds (22) and 25 grams of protein
I worked for 2 hours and headed back home, I was starving
When I got home I had to get ready and leave for our Urban WarFit Christmas party
so I had a protein bar to hold me over
IF I WOULD OF HAD MEALS READY.....
then when we got to the party I had lots of meat
I didn't eat anything but chicken, pulled pork and beef
It was very tasty

All in All I felt like my nutrition was a FAIL
Everytime I mess up like this imagine my muscles disintegrating

I had a good day otherwise though

WORKOUT
1. 100m Run 
2. Deadlift 225lbs
3. Hang Power Clean 95lbs
4. Handstand Push Ups 
5. C2B
6. KB @ 44lbs
7. Burpee pullups
8. Wall Balls 20lbs
9. Hang Power Snatch 95lbs
10. Box Jumps 30"
11. OH squat 95lbs
12. Squat Clean Thrusters 95lbs

I don't even know what my time was because we did a staggered start, but I think it was around 45min. 
The last 4 rounds were the hardest!

As the song goes you will perform each movement and then go backwards completing the rep scheme for the previous movement until you have gone through all 12 days. 
1x100m Run, 2xDeadlift 1x100m Run 
-Then- 3xHPC/2xDL/1x100m Run..
-Then- 4xHSPU/3xHPC/2xDL/1x100m Run……. 


Then as for the MU class
I am trying to keep my head up considering that I am taking babysteps.
Here are some videos from the class....






I feel embarrassed even posting these cause I feel pathetic
 not being able to dip out...but it is what it is and I will conquer this!!! 
FREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment