Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Big Legs

Tuesday December 10th 2013

Today was a GOOD day
This morning I came into Urban WarFit and started to work on my muscle ups 
and not much luck
I wanted to make excuses like
My shoulders and back are sore!
Its because is morning!
I'm TIRED!
...I wanted to cry...
I almost cried
(so whimpy I know!)
BUT
I have learned that excuses are what keep you from achieving your goals
and
 I DON'T want that! 
I came back later in the afternoon for my afternoon training 
and Elsa and I worked on muscle ups for about 25 minutes
 and I was able to dip out on 2 of them so I was happy about that,
 Rob spotted me a little but being able to dip out was huge. 
I decided I am going to stay after every day and work on those. 

This afternoon I brought my shorts to the gym, 
went in the bathroom and put them on.
 I opened the door to my coach sitting on his box 
that he always sits on and no one else was there.
 I just looked at him with a face and this was our conversation:

BIG LEGS
Me: ROOOOB
Rob: What?! Whats up?!
Me: These shorts. They are SO tight. My LEGS.  These used to be baggy...WTF!?
Rob: Lets see.....hmmmm turn around.....uhhhh YEP those are pretty tight, 
(BOTH OF US LAUGHING) 
Lets hope you don't split them today during deadlifts!!!


NUTRITION
I had another wonderful day with nutrition today
I am very focused on my goals right now so it seems like my eating is a little robotic
 I eat for fuel not for comfort
 Once I came to terms with that, it became a lot easier
Don't worry I still crave food and want to cheat sometimes 
but my goals definitely keep me in line
FIND YOUR GOALS 
 create a plan and a path to reach them! 

(no pics today)

Meal #1 @6:30
1/2 cup ezekiel
1/4 cup raspberries
25 grams protein

Meal #2 @8:30
1 egg
3 whites
1 cup broccoli

Meal #3 @12
5oz chicken
2 cups spinach

Meal #4 @4:30
10 almonds
25 grams protein

Meal #5 @7:00
5oz chicken 
2 cups spinach

Meal #6 @10
10 almonds

Morning Workout
@9:45am Air Dyne
4 sets of 4 revolutions
This was really hard. I tried to keep it at a 5mph the whole time. I sped up at the end. 

Muscle up practice


Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press (Rest/Pause)
Work up to an 8 rep max which is
35lbs dumbbells
-Then 1×8 – Tempo 0.2.6.2.
Rest 20 seconds 1×5 – Tempo 0.2.6.2.
Rest 20 seconds 1×2-3 – Tempo 0.2.6.2.
Rest 60 seconds

Static Hold at 3/4 of the way to top for 60 seconds
*If you hit all points last week then you should be 2.5-5lbs heavier per dumbbell. If you failed to hit all points with allotted weight last week then stay at that weight.

*this tempo stuff is no joke!*

Afternoon workout
Rowed 500 meters, for 3 sets
2:01
1:58
1:51


Deficit Handstand Push-ups 6 sets of 3
--Superset with--
Deficit Deadlift 
1 plate/3"
*Percentage based off of regular 1RM* (375lbs)
2×5 @ 60% 225lbs
2×3 @ 70% 260lbs
2×1 @ 80% 300lbs 
(this was tough)

Hang Snatch (1 rep @ 70% of 160lbs every 20 seconds for 5 minutes)
***LOVED THIS***
(kinda wanted to keep going)

WORKOUT (53lb Kettle Bell)

20 Unbroken KB Swings 
10 Unbroken HSPU
16 Unbroken KB Swings 
8 Unbroken HSPU
12 Unbroken KB Swings 62/44
6 Unbroken HSPU
8 Unbroken KB Swings 62/44
4 Unbroken HSPU
4 Unbroken KB Swings 62/44
2 Unbroken HSPU
*Burpee penalty. If you break, do the last number of completed rep in Burpees.
*Didn't Break once though*

--I loved the KB Swings. I suck at the HSPU, definitely need to work on these. I am so dumb I didn't even look at my time. 
p.s. my neck hurts!

*Sprints* 
Run
16x50m

( I hurt my knee so I went easy on these. It felt way way better than yesterday though! I was so happy I could do at least what I was doing. What a relief! )

Worked on Muscle ups for 25min

Tonight my kids and I went on a 1.5 mile walk/jog, gotte wear them out somehow on days they don't have kids crossfit! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment