Monday, December 9, 2013

Feeling the RUSH

Friday December 7th 2013

Prepping for Rush Club tonight
I have been very strict on my diet 
I have been awaiting Rush Club for a while now
This goes a little deeper for me than just a competition
This is my chance to show some people that I have been working my butt off
This is Christmas money for my kids
This is proving to CERTAIN people who are calling me "weak" 
that I am NOT WEAK
I do have weaknesses thats for sure, but I will never go down without a fight

Today has just been chill, I spent the day relaxing and hanging with my little family, I was very ON POINT today with my diet. I wasn't hungry AT ALL which is very rare for me! It would be 3 hours (time to eat) and I was still feeling full, BUT I ate anyway because I wanted to have an optimum performance. DIET IS IMPORTANT.

No pics today though :(

meal #1
1/4 cup berries
1/2 cup ezekiel cereal
25 grams protein

meal #2
3 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup broccoli

meal #3
5oz chicken
3 cups spinach

meal #4
25 grams protein
10 almonds




RUSH CLUB!!!

Arrived and got stretched out 

Warmed up

Found out the Workout:
10 min time cap
21-15-9
205# Deadlift 
20# wall balls at 10"
 -then-
15 burpee-medball over shoulder @ 100#

*I was excited but knew this would be hard. Looks can be deceiving on all levels, sometimes girls look like they might be strong at something and they're not and sometimes you think girls might be weak at something and they are amazing at it. SO I have learned not to "size" up your competition. Just give it your all and pretend like the person next to you could beat you if they wanted to. Never get too comfortable...

*MY GAME PLAN*
--GO UNBROKEN--get the best time so you can choose the last workout--
I knew these deads were light for me, so those had to be unbroken

ACTUAL PERFORMANCE
I went unbroken on the deadlifts
I tried to go unbroken on the wall balls but that 10" target was a PAIN! I got no rep'd so many times! 
Then I got to the *burpee/medball over shoulder and I thought I was gonna die. 
They felt like they took forever.
 I kept thinking about my kids.
 I kept thinking about Christmas.
I kept thinking about my family watching back home.
 I thought a few times, 
"if I can have 4 kids I CAN DO THIS DANG IT!" 
I realize those are some deep thoughts just for a competition. 
This is why I love crossfit. 
FOR ME, It makes me DIG DEEP
 it makes me go to places I don't usually go. 
my time was like 7:16 or something like that. 
I need to find out EXACTLY what it was. 
I was happy with my performance. 

--I ended up with the best time so I was able to move on to the next round 
and pick the next work out as well!!!

SO I CHOSE:
DT
5 rounds for time all @ 105#
12 deadlifts 
9 hang power cleans
6 push jerks

The other girl did not look to happy about this.
 I didn't really care, I just knew this one had all my favorite movements. 
The other girls crew was bitchin and moanin. 
I was kind of surprised that they were such poor sports. 
Oh well. 

MY PLAN
Go Unbroken as long as possible

ACTUAL PERFORMANCE
I honestly thought I would be able to do this all unbroken
It just seemed so light, but my grip. MY GRIP.
I did the first 3 rounds unbroken and then 
I split the last two rounds. 
I think I got like 6 or 7 minutes 
(trying to find out my real time)

Needless to say, I WON! 

All I could hear during it, was my husband and WarFit family cheering me on. 
I was so overwhelmed with gratitude for my coach for getting me to 
where I am and keeping me on the road to get to where I need to be. 
He is amazing and I couldn't do what I do with out him PUSHING ME!
 I was so thankful for all the love and support 
that my Urban WarFit family showered on me. 
They are all so inspiring and such incredible people. 
People like, Jen Hallquist, Ali Pyfer, Anel Villa, Nikki Lorenzi, CJ Feller, Tanner Smith, Jacob Marinez, Roman Cereceres, Rockie Guevera, Laura Dickerson, etc.
 this isn't even all of who showed up!!!
....I could go on and on....
 I love them all so much! 
MOST IMPORTANTLY my INCREDIBLE husband 
who is my ROCK and puts up with me :) 

Nothing is more sweet than 
VICTORY! 
(well maybe some things, lol)





Roman kept saying: "Stare her in the EYES!" 
Everytime I think about it I laugh. Love it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment