Monday, December 2, 2013

Harder Than Having a Baby

Monday December 2nd 2013

Harder Than Having a Baby??? 
Today was hard
I think it was more than just a physical aspect for me
It was mentally hard too
I said, THIS IS HARD 
(which is a very common statement in the Urban WarFit Competitors class)
One of the hardest things I have EVER DONE....
and my coach Rob Pyfer responded with a comment of something like,
 "harder than having 4 babies?" 
I quickly and EASILY responded, 
YES
I began to think about this later
Was it really that HARD
I don't know if it is the "same" kind of hard but I would put it very close to it
Then I thought, people would probably wonder....
"Then why would you do it?"
 "Why would you go through that voluntarily?"
 Well I would answer with something like this....
Why did I have 4 kids? It was HARD.... It was PAINFUL.... IT IS and WAS WORK....
BUT the REWARD is WORTH IT
It is the same with CrossFit.... It is HARD....it is PAINFUL sometimes.... IT IS TOUGH!
 but the REWARD I receive after enduring those hard times, is WORTH it
CrossFit has shown me that I am a fighter, I am STRONG 
I can do HARD THINGS
So I do it because the outcome is worth it
Nothing GOOD in LIFE comes EASY
If you want something, 
you gotta be willing to do whatever it takes to go and get it


NUTRITION:
I have decided to make sure and take pictures of my food because it holds me extra accountable. 
This week has been HARD, but I keep reminding myself of MY GOALS
My coach who believes in me and helps me so much, the sacrifices I am making and my family is making and then.... I am able to stay on track.
 Tonight, my in-laws took us out to Red Robin
I cannot tell you how proud I was of myself not to eat any fries. 
NOT A SINGLE ONE.
 For some of you that might sound easy but for ME, that is HUGE.
 I was so proud of myself for ordering plain chicken wrapped in lettuce and broccoli. 
No sauces. No butter or anything "bad"...
FOR ME this is BIG. 


Meal #1: 1/4 cup berries and 25 grams protien
( I did not picture this cause my phone was dead)

RUNNING: 1 mile (8:19)

Meal #2: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites and 1 cup broccoli
Walker thought this was for him, LOL


Meal #3: 4oz chicken, 2 cups spinach


Meal #4: 25 grams protein and 6 almonds (ran out of almonds)

Meal #5: 5oz chicken breast, 2 slices tomato, lettuce and few slices of onions, and 1 cup broccoli

* I was supposed to have 10 almonds but I ran out of almonds 

WORKOUT:

1600m. Run (8:19) Same time I got this morning

Strict Pull Ups, EOMOM
1×5 – Tempo: 0.2.2.2.
1×4 – Tempo: 0.3.3.3.
1×3 – Tempo: 0.4.4.4.
1×2 – Tempo: 0.5.5.5.
1×1 – Tempo: 0.6.6.6.

*Four Point Tempo is
1. Concentric / Positive
2. Top of Pull Up / Flexion
3. Eccentric / Negative
4. Bottom of Pull Up / Extension
“0″ represents as fast as possible.

Count – One, One Thousand, Two, One Thousand, Three, One Thousand, Etc.

High Bar Back Squat, EOMOM
2×9 @ 185 – Tempo: 6.4.0.4.
2×7 @ 185– Tempo: 4.4.0.4.
2×5 @ 185 – Tempo: 2.4.0.4.

*Four Point Tempo is
1. Eccentric
2. Bottom of Squat / Flexion
3. Concentric
4. Top of Squat / Extension


Power Clean & Push Jerk, EMOM
1×5 @ 125
1×5 @ 130
1×4 @ 140
1×4 @ 150
1×3 @ 160
1×3 @ 170
*Keep Touch and Go

3 Rounds of:
10, Power Clean & Push Jerk 135/95, Must be unbroken, touch and go
* Start the wod with 5 C2B Pull Ups and repeat at the top of every minute.

*My "PLAN" was to do 5 C2B and then 20 unbroken and then 5 C2B and then 10 unbroken and finish in sub 3 minutes.

-Well, I got NO REP'd on my 9th rep of the last 10 cause I didn't touch the ground. I was so pissed! I appreciate no reps because I want it to be LEGIT, but man I was frustrated! I ended up doing 40 C&J and I didn't even look at my time but I did 4 Rounds of C2B so it had to be in the 4 minute range. EFF!!!

I then also did some strong man work with my coach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment